|T cells after tooth extraction
Mar 30, 2013
I got two teeth extracted on March 27 and the dentist prescribed Amoxicillin. I have a doctor visit to check my T cell count on April 3. Will the tooth extraction artificially lower my T cell count (my T cells are around 100)? Should I reschedule for later in April or even wait until May to get the blood test?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends. You don't indicate whether you are on HIV treatment, or the tooth was pulled because of some ongoing infection. Regardless, I would probably wait until the end of April.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Teeth Extraction In Hiv Patients
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.