HBV DNA PCR Test

Hi, I was diagnosed with having HBV DNA about 15 years ago (I was born with the virus, and because it was in a foreign country, I was not vaccinated). I am 29 years old, and my most recent blood test for HBV DNA (where they used a PCR test) says I have Hep B DNA PCR (IU) of 3460 IU/mL. I spoke to my general doctor, and she says it is not too serious, but higher than before. My ALT is at 19. I was recommended to see a hepatologist but my appointment is not for another couple of weeks. My question is, does this number put me at a higher risk of cirrhosis? Am I an "inactive" or "active" carrier with this number and what are my chances of infecting another? It should be noted there was no antigen test that was done with this particular one. Thank you.

Your HBV viral level is very low, but still detectable, and that means you have chronic active infection and would be considered infectious. The liver specialist will determine if further testing is required and whether treatment is indicated at this time.

Kindly explain my HB results
CD4 and Viral Load