Drop in CD4 count

I was diagnosed in May/2012 - CD4 135,17.9%, VL 1.7 Million, started Atripla. June/2012 - CD4 949, %?, VL 260 August/2012 - CD4 895, 24.2%, VL 145 March/2013 - CD4 338, 28.2%, VL 70

I have had the flu for about 2 weeks and an outbreak of genital herpes when took the blood test this month. Also under significant stress at work.. could this drop in CD4 be realted to these factors? I understand that a drop in CD4 can occur due to several factors, but was surprised at how much. Doctor wants to retest me in 3 months.

Yes, the factors you describe could reduce the CD4 count. What makes me feel comfortable with the fact that this is temporary, is that your CD4 percent did not decrease and your viral load did not increase. I agree with the retest.

Effectiveness Criteria of HAART
CD4 Drops VL remains <25