Mar 17, 2013
My T-cells(CD3 mature T)3914 Reference range(558-2016), Dr's don't have a reason. I've been sent to hematologist to rule out a lymphoma. Viral load undectable. Answer from similar question here seems to indicate no problem. If a reason is not known how can it indicate no problem?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your CD4 and CD8 counts are, which make up the majority of CD3+ lymphocytes. I assume given your undetectable HIV viral load that you are on HIV treatment. People with HIV infection can have a significant elevation in their CD8 count as a reaction to HIV infection. Hence the increase in total CD3 count.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching An Open Scab?
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.