Mar 17, 2013
My T-cells(CD3 mature T)3914 Reference range(558-2016), Dr's don't have a reason. I've been sent to hematologist to rule out a lymphoma. Viral load undectable. Answer from similar question here seems to indicate no problem. If a reason is not known how can it indicate no problem?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your CD4 and CD8 counts are, which make up the majority of CD3+ lymphocytes. I assume given your undetectable HIV viral load that you are on HIV treatment. People with HIV infection can have a significant elevation in their CD8 count as a reaction to HIV infection. Hence the increase in total CD3 count.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.