|Elevated CK levels and HIV
Mar 17, 2013
Is there a correlation between certain HIV meds being linked to myositis and elevated CK levels.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes. As an example HIV protease inhibitors and statins (drugs used to treat high cholesterol) can result in increased creatine kinase (CK) levels.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Difficult Is It To Catch Hiv?
- Lymph Node Ear Pain And Hiv
- Can An Hbv Or Hiv Carrier Have No Symptoms But Spread The Disease To Others?
- How Do I Know If I Have Thrush In My Mouth?
- Thrush Tounge First Symptoms Continue Antibiotics
- How Long Does It Take To Be Able To Detect Hiv In Blood Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.