Definition Of Compromised Immune System

I was visiting a new baby in the hospital. After holding it, I was told she had RSV. I didn't even know what that is. I asked the nurse whether it was infectious to adults. She said it can be, but would present as just a mild cold. Then she said except for people with compromised immune systems. She said it could be worse in those people. She said elderly and cancer patients.

My CD4 is always in the high 600's. Well, I have had a few dips, when stressed. I was wondering whether I fit in that compromised immune system everyone and every website talks about. I began wondering whether I should have avoided contact, especially after learning the baby was sick. It is often difficult to know what to avoid, and what is no big deal.

Your CD4 count is in the normal range, so no, you don't fit into this group with significantly lower CD4 counts. RSV infects young children, older adults, and people with compromised immune systems due to HIV and other disorders.

To change medication or not
Prediction of how long i have had the virus