CD4 and VL decline but not on treatment

Hi Doc, I tested positive in August 2012. My CD4 was 409 and my VL was 36600. I had my follow up test a week ago and my CD4 has declined to 259 but my VL has also declined to 3472. I'm currently not on ARVs but take multivitamins and vitamin C daily. My GP is putting me on Atripla. What could have caused my CD4 and VL to decline so much in just 6 months? Thank you

That is a hard question to answer with only two points on the line. The bigger issue is starting HIV treatment, which I agree with. In addition, I would get a HIV resistance test before starting Atripla, just to make sure that the virus strain you were infected with does not already have resistance to any HIV meds.

pregnant, HIV-test positive
corelation between viral load and cd4 couunt