pregnant, HIV-test positive
Feb 24, 2013
hi DR, my wife 12 weeks pregnant and she tested for her HIV-test prenatal screening..and results turn out to be reactive (low titer)..me and my wife are doctors(medical personal)...for myself HIV-test negative.. My wife 4 years ago hospitalised for severe hepatitis A..could it be the cause for the antibody test showed positive...both of us no needle stick injury or other risk factor...totally confused and depressed....
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what kind of HIV test was performed, and whether a confirmatory test (like a HIV western blot) was performed. Thus, it is hard to know what the interpretation of the screening test means.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.