weight loss

Dear Dr Holodnly

I tested positive in 2008 and have been ok till recently i got shingles that were really painful. I went to the doctor we did another HIV test and he recommended i go on multivitamins and Septrin ts been a month since and yesterday i went back the shingles are gone but I have a back pain on the affected area and i have lost 1kg in a month what do i do? I will go for a CD4 count soon Please help

You don't indicate what your current CD4 count and HIV viral load are, or whether you are taking HIV meds. Shingles (the chicken pox virus) can result in some nerve damage at the site of infection, which may be why you are experiencing pain there. Sometimes that pain will go away on its own, and sometimes the pain needs to be managed with pain medications for an extended period of time.

I'm doing good?
correlation between CD4 count and viral load