Anal biopsy results

I'm 23, male, HIV positive since May 2012. I had an abnormal anal pap (abnormal squamous cells of unspecified significance - ASCUS) last month and recently went in for a high resolution anoscopy. The nurse practitioner saw something of interest during the HRA and did a biopsy. The results of the biopsy came back saying it was:

"FRAGMENT OF BENIGN COLONIC MUCOSA. NO SQUAMOUS EPITHELIUM PRESENT"

I called my np and she said the results were benign, but if the pap initially picked up abnormal squamous cells, and the biopsy did not pick up any, could it be that she biopsied the wrong area?

Thanks!

Your interpretation of the events and the biopsy result appears correct to me. The biopsy indicates colonic cells were obtained and not squamous epithelium. Since the correct cells were not obtained no further comment or conclusion can be made regarding ASCUS.

fast development of hiv
Understanding PCP Pnuemonia