Feb 3, 2013
By using the cockroft gault formula. my clearance is 84.. which is good.. but my serum creatinine is 1.35 which is high.. age 52 and 93 kg.. I didn't fast while taking this blood, so not sure if creatinine is off? I would have thought that my clearance would have been lower if my serum was abnormal.. So with 1/35 serum, should I be worried or by not fasting did I screw this all up? any ideas?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Fasting would not have really affected this value. You don't indicate what your previous creatinine levels have been, what medications you are taking (specifically what HIV meds), and whether you have other ongoing medical conditions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Chances Of Getting Cervical Cancer If You Are Monogamous
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.