|SIGNIFAGANCE OF LEVELS
Feb 3, 2013
MY VIRAL LOAD IS SLIGHTLY OVER 800,000.WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF THIS LEVEL OF VIRAL LOAD AND JUST HOW HIGH IS IT? ALSO, MY T-CELLS ARE 1050 , WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?THANK YOU PLEASE HELP
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is a very high viral load. Your CD4 count of 1050 is in the normal range (500-1500). In general, if that level of viral load is sustained, meaning it stays over 100,000 or more, people are a greater risk of progressing and losing CD4 cells (and therefore immune control of infection) quicker. If your CD4 count does remain this high on the next test, you should consider starting HIV treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding Mean I Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.