so confused.

Hi doc how do u evaluate the progression to differentiate a normal vs longtime non progressor? Had first infection one year ago and my cd4 are Stable and upper around 800 and 1220 from 1 year and VL 564, 345 at the last one 560 but with CD4 1224, how will u consider me? Is so early to think Im a elite control or non progressor? How can I know it?

Your numbers can be interpreted as a normal CD4 count and a very low viral load, which indicates that your immune system is able to control the infection for the most part on its own. However, your viral load is still detectable, which means to some extent your immune system's control of infection is not complete. Time is an important variable to determine progression, non-progression, or elite control. If your infection is only a year old, it is difficult to determine where things are going at this point.

HCV - Hep C
SIGNIFAGANCE OF LEVELS