Feb 3, 2013
Dear Dr. Mark, good day. I was surprised to my re-test last Jan. 29, 2013. its still positive but this time its up from 1:16 to 1:32.. I was injected penicillin 3-times last (first: 01-07-2013) (second: 01-14-2013) (third: 01-21-2013)..
My question is Why my RPR was increase from 1:16 to 1:32? according to my doctor it will decrease ever I re-test my RPR in 1week but the reset normally this will take 3months totally treated.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your doctor is correct. I would not be checking the test this close after receiving treatment. The results are not meaningful and difficult to interpret.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Bacterial Vaginosis Clear On Its Own?
- What Is The Long Time Effect Of Herpes?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Start To Scab?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Urethra
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.