29 yrs of HIV

I've lived most of my life with HIV (29 yrs). There was no tx in late 1984 but I later received tx twice since diagnosis. 1996-1999 and 2003-2006. I stopped tx both times because the side effects of the meds were so severe I was constantly ill (including several hospitalizations). I have been blessed with good health for the most part. However, 8/2012 I found out I had BCC (skin cancer) and had it removed. I was concerned that my cd4 count might be getting low and ask for bloodwork to be drawn (it had been more than 5 yrs since I was at a doctor's office). My cd4 count was 126. This last week I went to the hospital for shortness of breath and a lung infection and asked for bloodwork to be drawn. Cd4 count is 65 and my viral load is 450,000. I set up an appt with an ID physician. Do you think I can achieve an undetected VL and increase my cd4 to a healthy 350 or above with treatment? Or, is my immune system weakened to the point it will be very difficult to? Sorry for the lengthy narrative but think it may give you a better understanding of my situation. Thank You for your time and patience

Yes, current HIV treatment regimens are very effective and you should be able to get your viral load to undetectable. It is difficult to predict whether you will be able to get your CD4 count up to 350 or higher. In addition, the lower the CD4 count is when you start, the longer it may take. But you absolutely need to start now and get your immune system recovered.

HSV-2 'Reactivation' and Viral Load and RPR
VL 470 From 20 after a year on atripla