Confused

My primary care doctor tested me for STI's and he said that the syphilis test result was positive and referred me to an Infectious Disease doctor. The ID doctor reviewed my results and said that my RPR was 1:1 and that I didn't have syphilis. I told him I was treated for syphilis 7 months ago with oral medication and thought I may have been re-exposed. He did not treat me with anything. What does this mean?

An RPR test can remain positive many months to years after successful treatment for syphilis. You don't indicate what the RPR result was prior to receiving treatment, or what documentation there was that you were indeed reexposed to syphilis. I am also unclear as to why you received an oral medication as opposed to an intramuscular injection of antibiotics, which is the standard.

Should I Be More ProActive?
HSV-2 'Reactivation' and Viral Load and RPR