Still not undetectable

Good Day Doctor I am a bit worried that the Atripla that I am taking is failing, or that I have become resistant. I was diagnosed in May 2012 and started taking Atripla on the 8th of June 2012. My Viral load then was 894 000 (very high) and my CD4 count was 322. I have had no side effects on Atripla, only the odd vivid deam here and there. Yesterdays blood (18 January 2013) revealed that my CD4 was up to 701 and my Viral Load is 81.The previous time the bloods were tested in October my Viral load was 79 and and my CD4 was 749. Here is what is worrying me: Should I have not been undetectable by now? I have been really good at taking my pills, missed only once. That is a 99.7 % adherence rate.I have kicked myself blue over this, but it has taught me a lesson. I take the Atripla at 20h00 at night after I have had my supper at 18h00. Please can you advise me. My Doctor thinks that we should go over to another combination. She wants to see me again in three weeks, so that that we can do another Viral Load test .Hoping to hear from you soon.

Almost all people should be undetectable by 6 months of HIV treatment. Sometimes this can take longer if the viral load was very high before treatment like yours was. However, it does look like your viral load has stalled and is not continuing to go down. This has nothing to do with you or your adherence, which has been excellent. I agree with your doctor's thinking on this, both for repeating the viral load and considering a treatment change.

H/S Ratio Rebound ?
enlarged axillary nodes despite taking the meds?