|H/S Ratio Rebound ?
Jan 26, 2013
14 Years ago my H/S ratio was .11 A week ago it was 2.56 The PA I see commented three times on the number (having been 1.52 three months ago). Is full immune system reconstitution possible on the meds? Is that where I am at?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You cannot determine whether immune system reconstitution has taken place based on a t cell ratio alone. You have likely improved your immune system function. Your ratio has likely improved after taking HIV meds because your CD4 count has increased and your CD8 count has decreased. Understanding whether your immune system actually functions correctly requires very sophisticated research laboratory testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- Have There Been Any Cases Of Transmission Of Hiv By Skin Contact
- Will Masturbation Cause Chlamydia To Come Back?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Do Genital Herpes Look Like When They First Start?
- What Can I Do To Ease The Pain From Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.