Jan 26, 2013
hello i have been living with HIV since i was 2 and everything has always been undetected and sometimes i dont even take my meds is it possible that mabey my doctors misdiagnosed me with something else? and if not why can i go a few months without taking my meds and it still be nondetected?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Because your immune system may be able to control the virus on its own. However, I would not recommend stopping medications unless you have consulted with your doctors about that.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Open Mouth Kissing
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Condom Broke
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Vaginal Sex
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Mutual Masturbation
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.