Jan 26, 2013
My son's t-cell was 9, but is now 30 what does it mean.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I assume your son has HIV infection. You also don't indicate whether he is on HIV treatment or not. If so, that would be considered a very low CD4 count. A normal CD4 count is between 500-1500. Someone with a CD4 count < 200 is considered to have AIDS and is at great risk of developing serious infectious complications. A CD4 count of 9 and 30 are very low and essentially the same.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Sensation Penis Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test At 8 Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.