Advocare Cleanse

My husband is HIV + and wants to lose a little weight, I use a product called advocare that helps with general health and also helps with weight loss. One of the first steps of this product is that you have to do a 10 day cleanse. I am worried that if he does this cleanse it might strip his HIV meds from his system..He is taking Atripla, do you know if this cleanse would interfere with that?

Although the specific answer to your question has not been studied, I would generally advise against the cleansing, as it could lead to reduced absorption and therefore antiviral effect of his Atripla. You may also need to check, depending on which product might be used, whether there are any ingredients that could interfere or interact with the components of Atripla.

Complera for Six Months
hcv