Complera for Six Months

Hello Mark,

Question for you. My doctor prescribed Complera in August of 2012 and my cd4 was 400 and viral load 64,000. In October my labs showed a CD4 of 573 and viral load 233. I asked the doc if I could change the dose time of my Complera from 9pm to 10am, said no problem and I started the next day at 10 am. Just recently visited 1/15/13 and it showed a CD4 of 534 and viral load of 255. Is it normal for a jump like this? I see all the peoples posts about being undetectable, how long before I get there? My Doc says I will come back in 3 months and follow it, maybe switch. 25 yr old male. Thank you in advance.

There is no real difference in those two viral loads (233 vs. 255) or CD4 counts (573 vs. 534). I am not terribly concerned about your progress to this point. Assuming you are taking the medication as prescribed daily (the time doesn't matter) and haven't missed any doses, it can take up to 6 months to become undetectable. You don't indicate whether a resistance test was obtained before you started to make sure that your viral strain was not resistant to any of the 3 HIV meds you are taking. I think if you are stalled at a viral load in the 200s on your next test, then yes, you may need to modify your regimen.

Hepatits Question
Advocare Cleanse