Jan 20, 2013
An answer would be greatly appreciated. How is Hep A,B,C contracted and how long should someone wait before getting an acurate blood result? Thank you so much!
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
HBV and HCV are acquired after exposure to blood or body fluids and HAV is acquired through exposure to gastrointestinal contents, or from eating foods prepared by food handlers who might be infected. Blood tests are usually positive with a few days to weeks after exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can Ampicillin Treat Chlamydia?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- How To Stop Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.