Will a Gonorrhea vaccine cause false positive in a western blot?
Jan 20, 2013
Hi doctor, I had a gonorrhea vaccine shot in October. I took a HIV rapid test in mid December. It says positive. Western blot from blood sample taken on same day as rapid test reveals positive as well. Is there any way te gonorrhea vaccine may cause a false positive in these tests? Thank you. -J
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The vaccine would not result in both tests being positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Have Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.