HIV and lupus?

My husband has HIV and has had it for 5 years, I have been tested 4 times all negative so far. I do have lupus, mixed connective tissue disease, Thyroid auto immune disease,a doctor has said i may have a gene that prevents me from getting HIV. How correct is this information?

There is a gene mutation (CCR5 delta 32 mutation) that does seem to offer protection from acquiring HIV infection. This is a receptor on t cells that HIV uses to gain access to the cells and infect them. When the receptor is mutated HIV can't necessarily get in. This mutation happens in a small number of people.

high cd4 and cd8
RPR titer 1:16