|related on the RPR titer 1:16
Jan 13, 2013
Thank you so much doc for answering my first question last dec.30..I am now injected benzathine benzyl penicillin 2.4M for my first week.. according to my doctor I will be treated after 3weeks. My question is I am really treated after 3weeks? is my rpr titer decrease from 1:16 to ZERO or down to NON REACTVE?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, the treatment course of 3 weeks is appropriate and you will have been treated. We usually look for a decrease of 4-fold in the RPR titer, in your case, from 1:16 to 1:4 or less as evidence that treatment has worked. It may remain positive forever though, but that does not mean treatment did not work.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.