My dad is infected in 1987, I was born 1990 but HIV negative?

Hi I'm 22. My dad was infected with HIV in 1987 after a blood transfusion. It lay dormant for years and he got sick in 1995 and that's when we realized he has AIDS. I was tested and I'm HIV negative, last time I was tested was a few months ago and I'm still negative. Is it possible? Should I continue to test regularly? Is it still dormant in my case or should I rest assured I'm not infected? Thanks

Yes it's possible. Your mother would have had to become infected and then pass it on to you. That didn't appear to happen.

Viral load and CD4 count
viral load increase