|My dad is infected in 1987, I was born 1990 but HIV negative?
Jan 6, 2013
Hi I'm 22. My dad was infected with HIV in 1987 after a blood transfusion. It lay dormant for years and he got sick in 1995 and that's when we realized he has AIDS. I was tested and I'm HIV negative, last time I was tested was a few months ago and I'm still negative. Is it possible? Should I continue to test regularly? Is it still dormant in my case or should I rest assured I'm not infected? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes it's possible. Your mother would have had to become infected and then pass it on to you. That didn't appear to happen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- AIDS Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.