Viral load and CD4 count

Hie Dr I have been on treatment for almost 4 years now and would like to know if it's normal to have a viral load of 2009 whilst the CD4 count is 782 and also what is the normal relationship between viral load and CD4 count. Is it that if the CD4 count increases then the viral load should decrease?

You are correct about the relationship between CD4 count and viral load. Although your CD4 count is in the normal range, I am concerned about why you have a viral load of 2,000 while on HIV treatment. Have you ever had an undetectable viral load while on HIV treatment? Either way, you need to get a HIV resistance test to see whether the virus has developed resistance to the HIV meds you are taking. The viral load usually has to be above 1,000 for the lab to perform this test, so given your viral load result this should not be a problem.

Started Medication for 3 months
My dad is infected in 1987, I was born 1990 but HIV negative?