Started Medication for 3 months

Dear Doctor, I have started medication now for 3 months ( Truvada, Reyataz and Norvir)... my VLoad was 158000 CD4 was 55.... After one month and had a blood test VLoad was 1270 and CD4 was 175... I took blood test again 2 months later... VLoad was 135 and CD4 110... my question is.. 1. Is this result okay.. should I worry about my VLoad is still undetectable? as in 2 months it has dropped very slow. Does this mean I have drug resistance? 2. My doctor said my CD4 drop down is normal... and now it should start to climb slowly. Is there anything I should do to speed up the CD4? 3. I have stress about the whole health issue and treatments what should I do to be more relax about it?

Many thanks

1. I think the viral load response is still OK after 5 months. Usually the higher the viral load is before starting treatment the longer it can take to get to undetectable (assuming you are taking your HIV meds correctly). Did your doctors get a resistance before starting treatment? In many cases doctors will do that to make sure that all the HIV meds you are getting are active. Your viral load is too low now to get a resistance test. 2. Another number to follow is the CD4 percent. It tends to be a more stable number over time. The CD4 count can vary because of time of day, stress, after immunizations, because of different labs, other ongoing medical conditions or infections, among other reasons. If the CD4 percent is stable or continuing to go up, then I would not be concerned. 3. This is a harder question to answer. Whatever gives you enjoyment (exercise, friends, etc), but not recreational drug use.

HIV- and MDS/AML
Viral load and CD4 count