0 viral load?
May 5, 2001
I have been dating a woman who says she tested positive 5 years ago, but says her viral load for the last three years has been at virtual 0. How infectious can she be to me through unprotected sex and through cunnilingus
Response from Dr. Holodniy
If that is a true scenario, your infectious risk is quite small, but not zero. Remember that a zero viral load indicates that there is no detectable virus in blood plasma. There are still circulating blood cells and lymphocytes in vaginal-cervical secretions that can harbor infectious virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting AIDS
- Are Flu Symptoms An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Does HIV Cause Pain In Urethra?
- Does Muscle Ache Mean I Have AIDS?
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.