May 5, 2001
Dear Dr. Holodniy,
I hate to be a bother, but I wanted to make sure, your quote,
"Thalassemia would affect your red blood cells. PCR testing uses your lymphocytes which are white blood cells, and to my knowledge SHOULD BE affected by the blood disorder.", was correct...the "SHOULD BE AFFECTED" has me confused... I have a feeling there was a typo and you meant to say "shouldn't" ...am I correct or did you mean it "would be affected"?.
I would be extremely grateful if you could clarify this for me.
If you wish not to post a response you can email me at
Response from Dr. Holodniy
My mistake. Should NOT affect testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- How Much Damage Does Chlamydia Cause At 6 Months?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.