|I had shingles once. Can I safely get a Shingles Vaccine?
Dec 23, 2012
You said it's ok to get a shingles vaccine.... but is it safe and effective if I've already had the shingles once? Can the vaccine give you shingles since it's a live virus? My stats: CDs: 500, undetectable.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Even if you have had shingles, you can still receive the shingles vaccine to help prevent future occurrences of shingles. There is no specific time that you must wait after having shingles before receiving the shingles vaccine. No, it will not give you shingles.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Get Rid Of Shingles?
- How Do You Tell If You Have Shingles?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Shingles?
- What Are The Characteristics Or Identities Of Shingles?
- I Had Blood Tested For Pneumonia Could They Tell If I Had Hiv Through This
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.