Dec 23, 2012
I have a cd4 of 341 and the last cd4 was 490. My viral load is 13k and my last was 16k. It seems like when my viral load goes down the cd4 also goes down. Is this normal? Also I am not on and have not been on Antiretrovirals and hiv poz for 9 years
Response from Dr. Holodniy
First, there is no real difference between those two viral load results. They are well within the variability of the assay. Second, another number to follow is the CD4 percent. It tends to be a more stable number over time, as the CD4 count can vary because of time of day, other ongoing medical conditions, after immunizations, different labs, among other reasons.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.