Living with Lupus & HIV

Hi,I'm a 29 year old female. A few months ago I was diagnosed with Lupus & was started on medication, I'm taking Chloroquine. A few weeks ago I did an HIV test and the results were positive, yet my boyfriend is negative. I was negative before being with him, I don't think it's a false positive as Lupus can sometimes give such results.I think my boyfriend is a carrier & that's something to deal with some other time. I would like to know how will these two affect my body & how do I manage of these diseases. I'm going crazy here thinking about life expectancy of both diseases. Please help

You don't indicate what HIV test was performed and whether this was just a screening test, or a confirmatory HIV test was also positive. Both HIV infection and lupus increase the inflammatory response in the body. The interactions between HIV infection and lupus are not entirely understood. If HIV infection is confirmed, it is best to start HIV treatment and get the virus under control and eliminate it as a variable that could make the lupus worse. This also will require coordination between the doctors managing your lupus and those who would be involved in managing HIV infection, as there could also be drug-interactions between the different meds as well.

LTNP/HIC now with viremia - should I be on medication?
Odd Symptoms