Truvada + Raltegravir Resistance

Hi, I have bene on this regimen for two years with VL below 50 and CD's always above 500 (start point 345). My question is, will I know if I have got resistance to one or more of the drugs? For example, if I have resistance to Raltegravir, will the Truvada be effective enough to keep my VL below 50 copies? Should my GP be doing tropism/resistance studies periodically? Thank you.

The best marker for determining whether your virus has developed resistance to the HIV meds you are on is an increasing viral load. Because your blood plasma viral load is undetectable, it would not be possible to get a resistance test or tropism test done using our blood plasma. However, it is possible to look at the HIV inside your blood cells to see what HIV resistance mutations might be archived or what the tropism of your virus is, but this would not be done more than once, and for the resistance question, wouldn't necessarily tell you what resistance might be happening now. But, i think you are in great shape now and don't need to worry about this at this point.

Tropism and treatment start
LTNP/HIC now with viremia - should I be on medication?