Dual infection hiv1/hiv2
Dec 16, 2012
Hi ran from the Philippines 27 I'm diagnose positive recently this November 28 2012 and in one test is reactive in hiv1 and non reactive in HIV 2 and the second test that they did is the western type test both hiv1 and HIV2 are reactive! Can you explain for me this because I'm scared and med in HIV 1 also for HIV 2 and how long I would leave? Im waiting for my lab done before they give what med is good for me thanks and more power ! GOD BLESS
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is likely that the test results only represent HIV-1 infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hairy Tongue A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Sinus Infection An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.