Dual infection hiv1/hiv2
Dec 16, 2012
Hi ran from the Philippines 27 I'm diagnose positive recently this November 28 2012 and in one test is reactive in hiv1 and non reactive in HIV 2 and the second test that they did is the western type test both hiv1 and HIV2 are reactive! Can you explain for me this because I'm scared and med in HIV 1 also for HIV 2 and how long I would leave? Im waiting for my lab done before they give what med is good for me thanks and more power ! GOD BLESS
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is likely that the test results only represent HIV-1 infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.