Increased vl with increased CD4 count

I was tested for TB in February 2012 and tested negative but was advised to go on treatment anyway for 9 months. I took Rifafour with pyridoxine as well as Rifinah with pyridoxine. At the same time I was on treatment for HIV and taking Kivexa, Stocrin and Purbac. I have completed the TB treatment and took vl and CD4 tests 2 days before I finished. My results came back with an increase in CD4 count from 196 to 450 but the vl has also increased. What could have been the cause?

Anonymous

You dont' indicate what your viral load has increased to. Although it appears you have had a good CD4 response, which is likely related to both treatment for TB and HIV, it is possible that your TB meds interacted with your HIV meds, perhaps lowering the effective levels, resulting in an increase in HIV viral load.

HVC genotype
Herpes Zoster Vaccine