Question about HbV vaccine and HepA test result.
Dec 9, 2012
Hello DR.Mark. I recently complete a series of HepB Vaccine about a month ago and my response was Anti-HBs Postive 392mIU/ML. Is that a good response? And how long will it protect me? When should I get my self check for Anti-HBs again, for possible booster?
Another question is I check my Anti-HAV Total and it came back Postive, is that mean that I'm immune to HepA? I don't have any symptom of hepatitis.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Those results indicate immunity for HBV and HAV. The response will be maintained for years. No need to recheck.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Your Immune System Fight Off Hpv?
- How Long Does It Take Before Gonorrhea Causes Prostatitis?
- If You Keep Getting Vaginal Infections In Your Vagina, Do That Mean You Have HIV?
- What Body Parts Can You Get Genital Herpes?
- Can Seroconversion Take Place After 10 Weeks?
- Could Pep Delay The Time Of Seroconversion
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.