Pnuemonia vaccines

I have some questions on the Prevnar 13 vaccine recently approved for HIV patients. How is it suppose to be given. I was given the old vaccine about 4 years ago. Should I now recieve the new Prevnar Vaccine

Yes, the current recommendation is that HIV infected people should receive both. Here is the recommendation: Adults 19 and older with immunocompromising conditions who have previously received at least one dose of PPSV23 should receive a single dose of PCV13 no sooner than 1 year after the last PPSV23 dose. If patients require another PPSV23 dose, it should be administered no sooner than 8 weeks after PCV13 and 5 years after the last PPSV23 dose.

Since you should receive the older vaccine every 5 years, you are slightly early for the next dose. Thus, you can get the prevnar now and wait at least 2 months to get the additional older vaccine.

CD4 15, WBC 2.5. Is the end near?
Confusing Syphilis test results