Dec 2, 2012
My HCV quant is 148,480, my LOG10 is 5.172, and my HCV is 11.0. Can you tell me if these numbers are high or low? I'm also pregnant, which I read that I can't receive treatment til after birth. What are the chances of my baby having hep, too?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is a low HCV viral load level, and 148,000 and 5.1 logs are the same number expressed in different mathematical terms. There is a risk of transmission to the fetus, which is thought to be around a 5-10% chance. A lower viral load does decrease the chance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Thrush Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- How Do You Know If You Have Kaposis Sarcoma?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Touching An Open Scab?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Afraid I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.