Dec 2, 2012
My HCV quant is 148,480, my LOG10 is 5.172, and my HCV is 11.0. Can you tell me if these numbers are high or low? I'm also pregnant, which I read that I can't receive treatment til after birth. What are the chances of my baby having hep, too?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is a low HCV viral load level, and 148,000 and 5.1 logs are the same number expressed in different mathematical terms. There is a risk of transmission to the fetus, which is thought to be around a 5-10% chance. A lower viral load does decrease the chance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sleeping With Someone Who Is Hiv Infected Mean You Will Become Infected?
- How Long Does It Take Megace Es To Start Working?
- National Hiv Registry
- Does Hiv Cause White Spots In The Back Of The Throat?
- What Happens If Your Hiv Tests Come Back Positive?
- Can Two Men That Don't Have Hiv Or Any Other Std Still Get Hiv From Unprotected Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.