RE: Virus Load and CD4

Hello Dr. Holodniy A follow up question on topic http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Labs/Q225968.html I had MRI on my neck yesterday and they said i have "generalized cervical/neck/ lymphadenopathy": "individual lymph nodes remain good. no signs of scarring of the lymph nodes itself or with the surrounding tissue. not noticeable perifocal edema." Sorry for the english translation maybe its not 100% accurate but its hard to translate medical terms

My question is that normal for beginning of the HIV infection and my HIV results. The Doctor who make the MRI, is not aware for my HIV status and want to take samples/biopsy/ from the lymph nodes and make some blood screening tests. Is that necessary?

I dont have big lymph nodes in any other part of my body that i can feel, only on my neck and they are not so big, I barely find it. MRI check show them as 1cm to 1.5cm.

Thank you

Those findings are characteristic of HIV infection. A biopsy may be indicated if there are other physical or laboratory findings that would suggest something else might be going on.

VDRL Reactive 1:8 but TPHA was Negative
Virul load and CD4