|VDRL Reactive 1:8 but TPHA was Negative
Nov 25, 2012
Sir As per my Blood Test report VDRL reactive was 1:8 but my TPHA Report was Nagative, Pls advice how i take a treatment for that.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate why the tests were obtained. Assuming you have had no prior treatment, this either represents a false positive or a true positive. It is unlikely to have a VDRL with a titer of 1:8 and be a false positive. The tests could be repeated, and a syphilis EIA test also obtained. But treatment is likely indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Neuropathy After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.