Do you agree with my doctor?

Viral load 21,000 copies and cd4 is 395 and my doctor says that I still don't need ARVs. Probably in each country the limits are different, I am in Spain. Please note that I will show your answer to my doctor because I knwo that you will say that I should start taking them.

Current US guidelines suggest that people should start HIV meds, regardless of the CD4 count, in order to preserve immune function. The debate has recently been in those people with a CD4 count > 500, as there is no clinical trial data to answer the question, and the guideline recommendations are based on expert panel opinion. But I don't think many people would disagree with starting HIV meds with a CD4 count of 395.

Bloodwork results
VDRL Reactive 1:8 but TPHA was Negative