How HIV attacks
Nov 17, 2012
I know that HIV attacks CD4 and CD8 cells but what other cells does it attack and how?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It can attack other cells like monocytes or dendritic cells by using the same CD4 receptor, as well as one of the co-receptors like CCR5 or CXCR4.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Do Pap Smears Test For Gonorrhea?
- Can A Cbc Indicate Any Sign Of Hiv?
- Contact With Vaginal Fluids When Removing The Condom HIV Risk
- Do Pep Drugs Delay The Body In Producing Antibodies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.