viral load spike
Nov 17, 2012
I was first diagnosed a HIV positive back in late September and my viral load was 90,000. About a week ago I had my first visit with my doctor where he had me do more labs and I just got the results of my viral load which is now 190,000 ... I have not yet started treatment so is that something about which I should be wary ... What does that mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although the difference appears to be significant, that could just represent assay variability. On the other hand, it could represent a real increase because of acute infection. Another time point or two will determine which way the viral load is going.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tiredness After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.