Nov 17, 2012
@3 years ago i was treated for syphilis and was told that it would show up in my blood work for life. My titers go up and down from 1:2 and 1:4. I was treated twice not because of re infection but because my dr at the time spooked me because my titer was1:2 and i was pregnant. Now my titers are 1:4 my new dr is concerned even though i told her i was treated, should i be concerned i just had a baby?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The RPR titer can remain positive indefinitely after successful treatment. A one dilution rise from 1:2 to 1:4, would not be a cause for concern.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herbs That Fight Viruses Such As Hiv And Flu
- Can Hepatitis C Come Back After Interferon Cure?
- Hep C Treatment And Constipation
- When Does Herpes Symptoms Appear After Infection?
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.