|Confusion over results
Nov 10, 2012
I was diagnosed as HIV positive in October. The first two sets of blood work showed CD4 614 then 895. Still awaiting Viral Load, This is itself sounds good except treatment for Thrush not effective, constant weight loss (1kg/week over the last 16 weeks), shortness of breath, impaired vision. Also I have had two recurrent shingles attacks in the last 12 months. Any advice?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although your CD4 count is in the normal range, given the occurrence of thrush and shingles, this indicates some impairment of your immune system. Regardless of the viral load result, I would suggest starting HIV treatment as the best course of action to regain your immune system function.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.