drop in cd4 count & increased viral load

My sister(49) had a needle prick accident at work (end 2011) & tested positive within 3 weeks - her cd4 count & viral load has been very good but suddenly her cd4 has halved & her viral load has increased - she is also diabetic - is this cause for concern as she has a young daughter - I have told her to consult her dr - is there a possibility that her count can pick up to over 1000 again? ty

You don't indicate what the changes in CD4 count or viral load were, or whether she is on HIV treatment. Thus, it is difficult to determine the significance of the changes. In general, in the absence of any clinically significant other illness going on, it would be very unusual to see the CD4 count drop in half.

What type of test should I have done to know if I have HIV
Not on meds + everyday meth & cd4 doubled?